Nov. 10, 2010
GAME 9: Cincinnati (3-5, 1-2 BIG EAST) AT West Virginia (5-3, 1-2 BIG EAST)
SAT., NOV. 13, 2010 - NOON (ET) - MORGANTOWN, W.VA. - MILAN PUSKAR STADIUM (60,000/FIELD TURF)
Cincinnati Game Notes | Roster | Gameday Central | Gametracker | Live Audio
AT A GLANCE
Location: Morgantown, W.Va.
Television: BIG EAST Network/ESPN3.com
Radio: 700 WLW
Satellite Radio: TBA
Live Stats: GoBEARCATS.com
Internet Radio: 700WLW.com
Series Record: WVU leads 14-3-1
Last Meeting: 11/13/09 (UC-W, 24-21 at UC)
In Morgantown: WVU leads 7-2-1
TELEVISION NOTE: The UC-WVU game will air on Cincinnati CW Channel 12.2 on Saturday. Time Warner channel 20 or Insight Channel 25. For out of market TV clearances, click HERE.
ON THE AIR
TELEVISION: BIG EAST NETWORK/ESPN3.com
Mike Gleason: Play-By-Play
John Congemi: Analyst
Eamon McAnaney: Sideline
RADIO: WLW (700 AM)
Dan Hoard: Play-By-Play
Jim Kelly Jr.: Analyst
Tom Gelehrter: Sideline
Mo Egger: Host/Engineer
Football Heads For West Virginia Looking To Snap Two-Game Slide
The University of Cincinnati football team heads back on the road to start the final four weeks of the regular season, facing a road battle at West Virginia. Both the Bearcats, winners of two-straight games against WVU, and Mountaineers enter off a bye week and on two-game losing streaks. Cincinnati head coach Butch Jones was the wide receivers coach at WVU from 2005-06 and several members of the UC staff played or coached for the Mountaineers.
Friday marks the 19th matchup in the series with the Mountaineers holding a 14-3-1 advantage overall against UC and a 7-2-1 edge in Morgantown, W.Va. The Bearcats have won two straight games in the series, including an overtime triumph in Morgantown in 2008. The last three meetings have been decided by a combined 11 points.
Butch Jones, named the head coach at the University of Cincinnati on Dec. 16, 2009, is in his first season at the helm of the UC program and is 3-5. Jones most recently led Central Michigan University to a pair of Mid-American Conference Championships and three-straight bowl appearances. He holds a 30-18 overall record and a 21-5 mark in league games.
BILL STEWART is in his third season as the head coach at West Virginia with a 24-11 record. He is 0-2 against UC all-time.
A LOOK AHEAD
UC returns home for a Nov. 20 matchup with Rutgers inside Nippert Stadium, before facing a road test at Connecticut (Nov. 27), and a Senior Day game with Pittsburgh (Dec. 4) to close out the regular season.
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS ...
- The University of Cincinnati is in its 123rd football season with an all-time record of 550-547-51 (.502).
Cincinnati (1885) is one of the five oldest programs in college football along with Rutgers (1869), Michigan (1879), Navy (1880), and Minnesota (1883).
- UC has seven new starters on defense and four on offense this season. UC has 63 players at sophomore level or below.
- The Bearcats start eight sophomores on defense and no seniors, making UC the youngest defensive unit among all BCS Conference teams.
- UC staffers Jahmile Addae (RB), Milo Austin (dir. player develop.), Dave Lawson (dir. football strength & conditioning), Brandon Myles (Off. Asst.), and Michael Szerszen (asst. dir. football strength & conditioning) played or coached at West Virginia.
- UC donned new jerseys three weeks ago and will wear the adidas TECHFIT compression jersey for the rest of the season.
- Over the past five games, UC is averaging 478 yards of total offense per game and 29.2 points per game.
- Junior QB Zach Collaros is day-to-day after suffering a knee injury against USF. He missed the Syracuse game, but remains atop the BIG EAST in passing efficiency (159.166), total offense (285.4), total passing yards (1,918), and passing yards per game (274.0).
- Kicker Jacob Rogers recently became the school’s all-time scoring leader against USF and has 317 career points.
- Armon Binns (158), Marcus Barnett (174), and DJ Woods (137) all finished the USF game with 100-plus receiving yards, the first time in school history the feat has been achieved.