Nov. 20, 2012
Cincinnati Notes | BIG EAST Notes | USF Notes | Watch | Listen
Cincinnati (7-3, 3-2 BIG EAST)vs. USF (3-7, 1-4 BIG EAST)
Nov. 23, 2012 • 7 p.m. ET • ESPN • 700 WLW
Cincinnati, Ohio • Nippert Stadium (35,000)
THE MATCHUP: UC Stats | USF Stats
Football Closes Out Home Schedule Against USF At Nippert Stadium Friday
The University of Cincinnati football team plays its final home game of the 2012 season Friday, taking on USF in historic Nippert Stadium at 7 p.m. Friday in a game televised on ESPN and being aired on 700 WLW AM.
Twenty-Four Seniors To Be Honored Pregame Friday
UC will honor 24 seniors in a pregame ceremony. The class of 2012 includes: DB Dominique Battle, LB Maalik Bomar, DB Camerron Cheatham, RB Adam Fearing, DB Drew Frey, DL Dan Giordano, OL Sean Hooey, DB Bruce Horner, WR Damon Julian, QB Brendon Kay, TE Travis Kelce, DB Pat Lambert, LB Colin Lozier, OL Sean McClellan, WR Danny Milligan, DL Brandon Mills, DB Malcolm Murray, TE Demetrius Richardson, DB Aaron Roberson, DL Walter Stewart, WR Kenbrell Thompkins, DB Chris Williams, DL John Williams and RB George Winn.
Friday will be the 10th game in an all-time series that UC leads 6-3. The Bearcats, who hold a 3-1 advantage over the Bulls in Cincinnati, overcame a 10-point deficit to win 27-24 in Tampa a year ago on the heels of a 2-yard TD run with 12 seconds left in the game from QB Zach Collaros.
Butch Jones, the 2011 BIG EAST Conference Coach of the Year, is in his third season with the University of Cincinnati program and his sixth as a collegiate head coach with a career record of 48-27. He has won three conference championships (2007, 2009 at Central Michigan, 2011 at Cincinnati).
SKIP HOLTZ is in his third season at USF with a 16-19 record. In 13 years as a collegiate head coach with stops at Connecticut, East Carolina and USF, he holds an 88-67 career mark. He is 1-1 against the Bearcats as a head coach.
ON THE AIR
Mark Neely: Play-by-Play
Ray Bentley: Analyst
RADIO: 700 WLW AM
Dan Hoard: Play-By-Play
Jim Kelly Jr.: Analyst
Tom Gelehrter: Sideline
Mo Egger: Host/Engineer
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS
- The University of Cincinnati football team, under the direction of head coach Butch Jones is playing its 125th season of football in 2012. The program dates to 1885 and ranks as one of the 10 oldest in major college football and following a 10-3 campaign in 2011, holds an all-time mark of 568-555-51.
- UC has won three of the past four BIG EAST Championships and has played in a bowl game in five of the past six seasons.
- Jones, the 2011 BIG EAST Coach of the Year, is in his third season with UC and his sixth as a collegiate head coach.
- The Bearcats have won 62 games over the last seven years, the most among current members of the Big East.
- UC is one of only five NCAA FBS AQ programs to have won 10 games in four of the past five seasons, joining Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech.
- UC is bowl-eligible for the sixth time in the last seven years.
- UC has registered at least 425 yards of total offense in eight of its 10 games this year.
- DL Walter Stewart, who had started 40-straight games for UC, is out indefinitely with an upper body injury.
- RB George Winn has 1,015 rushing yards in 2012, the 15th individual in school history has recorded the feat. He is second in the BIG EAST averaging 105.3 yards per game.
- LB Greg Blair has 101 tackles on the season, the fourth-straight year a UC defender has tallied 100 or more stops. Blair will return to UC in 2013 after the NCAA granted him a medical hardship for the 2011 season.