2012 Cincinnati Bearcats Football Credential Application
University of Cincinnati CREDENTIALS POLICY
Credentials and working space for media members are issues at the sole and exclusive discretion of the University of Cincinnati Sports Communications Office. Issuance of credentials may be based on the following priorities and guidelines:
1. Originating radio and television personnel involved in a live broadcast.
2. Daily newspapers regularly covering the University of Cincinnati, the current-game opponent or another BIG EAST Conference school. Wire services, regional and national publications are also afforded this priority.
3. Non-originating radio and television personnel producing reports on the game. Only local radio stations with a full-time sports director conducting a regular sports show receive consideration for credentials.
4. Officially recognized University of Cincinnati daily student publications or student electronic media outlets with daily sports reports.
5. Non-daily newspapers or publications reporting on the game.
- Season media credentials are issued to those outlets which cover the Bearcats on a regular basis. They do not guarantee working space in media work areas.
- With the exception of UC beat reporters covering the team on a daily basis and producing daily reports, all passes are approved and issued on a game-by-game basis.
- Passes are non-transferable and are subject to immediate revocation if transferred to non-working members of a media outlet.
- Due to limited space and to ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines, no credentials will be issued to "free-lance" writers or photographers without a specific assignment received in writing by the assigning organization.
- University of Cincinnati and the NCAA prohibit the issuance of credentials to representatives of an organization that regularly publishes gambling information, such as "tout sheets" or "tip sheets."
- Credentials are issued to web sites that are affiliated with national or regional media organizations, e.g. USA Today.com, ESPN.com, CBS SportsLine, etc., for web sites of BIG EAST Conference schools or non-conference opponents, or for the BIG EAST Conference office.
- Web sites that sponsor "message boards" or "chat rooms" where people are allowed to post anonymous information or rumors are ineligible for credentials or access to media functions. If a news-gathering medium has an online site that sponsors these anonymous forums, they may continue to request credentials under their traditional medium (newspaper, magazine, radio or television), but will not be granted additional passes or access for online staff.
- All persons picking up credentials will be required to furnish positive identification. All credentials are non-transferable, and no credentials will be issued to those under the age of 18.
- No credentials will be granted for Internet-only outlets, unless they are affiliated with a regional or national news-gathering organization.
- Photo passes will be issued only to accredited photographers on assignment. Any photographer or media member not complying with instructions of University staff may be required to surrender their credentials.
- Stations bringing satellite trucks for live transmissions will not be guaranteed parking spaces unless the Sports Communications Office is specifically notified at least 48 hours prior to game dates they will be in attendance.