Ohio House of Representatives and Senate recognize UC's BIG EAST Champions
Freshman finishes first with 6-under 67-71-72=210
2012-13 Season (Senior):
- Played in 11 tournaments, posting a 76.4 stroke average in 31 rounds.
- Earned All-BIG EAST Conference honors after claiming medalist honors, leading wire to wire at the BIG EAST Championship with a career-best 8-under par 69-69-70=208.
- Became just the fourth UC player in school history to participate in the NCAA tournament and the first since 1974; joining George McManis (1965), Geoff Hensley (1969) and Jon Nichols (1974).
- Finished 74th at the NCAA Championship in Columbus, Ohio, posting a 82-78-79=239.
- Posted two Top-20 finishes, incuding a tie for 12th place at the Marshall Invitational with an even-par 70-75-68=213.
- Qualified for U.S. Amateur.
- Finished second at the Cincinnati Metropolitan Amateur Championship.
- Tied for 13th place at the Ohio Open.
- Tied for 10th place at the Ohio Amateur.
2011-12 Season (Junior):
- Played in all 10 tournaments, posting a team-best 74.79 stroke average in 29 rounds.
- Registered six Top-30 finishes on the season.
- Finished first among UC players in nine tournaments.
- Took second place following a playoff at the Bearcats Invitational after posting a career-low three-round score of 3-under par 72-70-68=210.
- Recorded his best finish of the spring, tying for 11th (75-70-76=221) at the Earl Yestingmeier Invitational hosted by Ball State.
- Tied for 15th (71-74=145) at the Cardinal Intercollegiate.
- Tied his career-low single-round score of 68 in the third round of the Bearcats Invitational.
2010-11 Season (Sophomore):
- Second on the squad with a 75.2 average over 29 rounds.
- Placed ninth at the BIG EAST Championship after shooting 73-73-75=221.
- Posted six Top-30 finishes.
- Raised level of play during spring season, averaging 74.6 strokes over 15 spring rounds.
- Posted career-low three-round total of 76-70-68=214 at the Seminole Intercollegiate.
- Also carded career-low round of 68 in final round of Seminole Intercollegiate, finishing 11th.
2009-10 Season (Freshman):
- Averaged 75.7 strokes over 29 rounds, second on the team.
- Had a season-best eighth-place finish at the Earl Yestingsmeier Invitational.
- Posted six Top-25 finishes and placed in the Top-15 in each of his first three collegiate tournaments.
- Fired season-low 70 twice, including the second round of the 2010 BIG EAST Championships.
- Placed 37th at the conference championships.
- Four-year lettermen at Lakota East (2006-2009).
- Named first team all-state as a senior, finishing sixth at the state championship and helping his team to a district championship.
- Named first team all-conference as a junior and second team all-conference as a sophomore.
- Member of conference championship teams as a freshman and sophomore.
- Helped lead the Thunderhawks to Greater Miami Conference championships in 2006 and 2007, district championships and 6th place at state in 2008.
- Received second team all-conference his sophomore year, first team all-conference his junior year, and first team all-state his senior year.
- Born on March 19, 1991 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Son of Jeff and Anne Tepe.
- Has one sister (Abby).
- Majoring in finance.
Tepe's Career Statistics