Sept. 12, 2013
Friday, September 13 | 9:00 p.m. ET
Korte Stadium (4,000) | Edwardsville, Ill.
Live Stats | Webcast
For complete UC game notes, click here.
- The SIUE game will mark Cincinnati’s first official away match of the season (UC played Northern Illinois and UNC Wilimington on a neutral pitch, while playing an exhibition match at Bowling Green).
- The Bearcats have posted a 19-16-4 record in the first road match of a season (UC’s records for the 1974 season do not indicate home and away matches).
- The first-ever UC varsity soccer game was playe at Vanderbilt in 1973, a 4-2 defeat.
- Under Head Coach Hylton Dayes, UC is 6-4-2 in the first away match of the season. Last season, UC fell in its first road match at Xavier, 2-1. The Bearcats last won an away opener at Western Michigan in 2011, 3-1.
- Cincinnati and SIUE are meeting for the seventh time on the pitch, which each team having won three matches.
- The last meeting was a 2-1 Bearcat decision at Gettler Stadium in 2011. Before that, the teams had not met since 1992, which capped a series of annual meetings which started in 1988.
- The Cougars took the first match in ‘88, 5-2, at Gettler Stadium. In Edwardsville, the series is even at a match apiece. UC won, 3-0, in ‘89, while SIUE won, 4-2, in ‘91.
Dayes Marches On
- Head Coach Hylton Dayes currently carries a record of 196-186-53 in 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach, just four victories away from 200 in his career.
- In addition, Dayes is just one victory away from reaching 100 victories at UC (99-101-34).
- Dayes is the second-winningest coach in UC history behind only Bob Muro, who posted a 114-111-13 mark in 12 seasons on the Bearcats sideline.