Sept. 17, 2013
Wednesday, September 18 | 7:00 p.m. ET
Gettler Stadium | Cincinnati, Ohio
Gametracker | Webcast
For complete game notes in PDF format, click here.
- Wednesday night's match opens a four-game homestand for the Bearcats, which includes UC hosting a pair of local foes, as well as its first two American Athletic Conference games.
- Northern Kentucky visits to kick things off, followed by Memphis on Saturday, Sept. 21.
- Next week, Xavier and UCF will both visit Gettler Stadium.
- Cincinnati and NKU, separated by roughly 10 miles, are meeting on the pitch for the first time since 1987.
- The teams have played five times, with UC having won four of those matches.
- NKU won the first meeting in Highland Heights in 1983, 1-0. The Bearcats and Norse have played twice at Gettler Stadium in 1984 and `86, with UC winning both matches by a score of 2-0.
Dayes Marches On
- Head Coach Hylton Dayes picked up his 100th win as coach at Cincinnati on Friday night at SIU Edwardsville.
- He now posts a record of 100-101-34, making him the program's second-winningest coach (Bob Muro, 114-111-13 in 12 seasons).
- For his career, Dayes carries a record of 197-186-53 in 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach, just three victories away from 200 in his career, with a stop at Wright State prior to UC.