Sept. 24, 2013
For complete UC game notes, click here.
- Wednesday's match marks the third of a four-game homestand, with UC posting a mark of 0-1-1 so far in the stretch.
- Following the showdown with crosstown rival Xavier, the Bearcats host UCF in American Athletic Conference action on Saturday, before hitting the road for three straight matches, another four-match homestand, then two matches on the road to conclude the regular season.
- Cincinnati and Xavier are meeting for the 42nd time on Wednesday night, with UC holding a 25-9-7 advantage in the rivalry.
- Xavier has been on the slate every season of varsity soccer at UC, the only such opponent the Bearcats have faced annually. UC holds a 14-4-3 advantage at Gettler Stadium, including a 1-1 draw in the last meeting in Clifton in 2011.
- The Musketeers took last season's meeting, a 2-1 victory at the Xavier Soccer Complex Head Coach
- Hylton Dayes has posted a 7-2-3 mark against Xavier during his time at UC, including a seven-match unbeaten streak (the second-longest such streak in the series by UC) from 2005-11. Xavier Head Coach Andy Fleming is 1-0-2 against the Bearcats.
Dayes Marches On
- Head Coach Hylton Dayes picked up his 100th win as coach at Cincinnati on Sept. 13 at SIU Edwardsville. He now posts a record of 100-102-35, making him the program's second-winningest coach (Bob Muro, 114-111-13 in 12 seasons).
- For his career, Dayes carries a record of 197-187-54 in 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach, just three victories away from 200 in his career, with a stop at Wright State prior to UC.