Oct. 1, 2013
Wednesday, October 2 | 7:30 p.m. ET
Krenzler Field | Cleveland, Ohio
Live Stats | Video
For complete UC game notes, click here.
Hitting The Road
- Wednesday night’s match at Cleveland State marks the beginning of a three-game road swing for the Bearcats, who just wrapped-up a four game homestand.
- After facing the Vikings, UC will have back-to-back American Athletic Conference matches at Rutgers (Sat., Oct. 5) and USF (Wed., Oct. 9)
- The Bearcats won their only true road match of the season, defeating SIU Edwardsville, 2-1, in overtime
- Cincinnati and Cleveland State will meet for the 12th time on Wednesday night, with the Vikings holding a 6-4-1 advantage in the series.
- The most recent meeting was last season at Gettler Stadium, when the teams played to a scoreless draw.
- The teams have met four times during Hylton Dayes’ tenure at UC, with the Bearcats posting a 2-1-1 mark. CSU won the first five meetings, held sporadically from 1974-93, before UC won in Cleveland in ‘95 and at Gettler Stadium in ‘96. After that, the teams did not meet again until 2002.