Oct. 4, 2013
Saturday, October 5 | 7:00 p.m. ET
Yurcak Field | Piscataway, N.J.
For complete UC game notes, click here.
- The University of Cincinnati men’s soccer team will look to stay unbeaten in true road matches this year when it heads to Rutgers for the third American Athletic Conference match of the season.
- The Bearcats have wins at SIU Edwardsville (2-1/OT) and Cleveland State (1-0) in their other away matches this season.
- Following the trip to New Jersey, UC stays on the road for another American match on Wednesday, Oct. 9, at USF.
- Cincinnati and Rutgers will be meeting for the 10th time on Saturday night, with RU holding a 5-3-1 advantage in the series.
- The sides met as non-conference foes once in 2001, when the Scarlet Knights took a 2-1 decision in a neutral match.
- The teams have met annually since 2005 when UC joined the former BIG EAST Conference.
- After a draw in 2005, and a Scarlet Knights win at Gettler Stadium in 2006, the Bearcats took their first victory in the series in ‘07, which is the only UC win in New Jersey.
- Since 2008, the home side has won every match in the series.
Dayes Marches On
- Head Coach Hylton Dayes picked up his 100th win as coach at Cincinnati on Sept. 13 at SIU Edwardsville. He now posts a record of 101-104-35, making him the program’s second-winningest coach (Bob Muro, 114-111-13 in 12 seasons).
- For his career, Dayes carries a record of 198-189-54 in 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach, just two victories away from 200 in his career, with a stop at Wright State prior to UC.