Oct. 11, 2013
Saturday, October 12 | 7:00 p.m.
For complete UC game notes, click here.
Back Home Again
- The University of Cincinnati men's soccer team opens a four-match homestand on Saturday, Oct. 12, when it hosts SMU at 7:00 p.m. at Gettler Stadium.
- The match is a part of Social Media Weekend for Bearcats Athletics. Fans can receive admission to the match for just $1 by presenting the coupon found on the University of Cincinnati Bearcats Facebook page or the @GoBEARCATS and @UCMSoccer Twitter accounts. Fans will also have the chance to win prizes during the match by interacting with @UCMSoccer.
- The four-match homestand will conclude the home slate for UC in 2013, with the SMU match followed by visits from IUPUI (Oct. 16), Belmont (Oct. 19) and No. 11/19 Louisville (Oct. 23).
- The season concludes with a pair of road matches at No. RV/15 UConn and Temple before the 2013 American Athletic Conference Tournament opens on Nov. 8.
- Cincinnati and SMU are meeting for the fifth time, with the Mustangs holding a 3-1 advantage in the series. The first two meetings were on neutral sites in 1998 and 2002.
- The Bearcats won 2-1 in `98 before SMU took the `02 meeting, 3-1. The teams played a home-and-home series in 2004 and 2006, with SMU winning the `04 match at Gettler Stadium, 3-2, before taking a 6-0 victory in Dallas.
- This is the first meeting between the squads as members of the American Athletic Conference.