Oct. 15, 2013
Wednesday, Oct. 16 | 7:00 p.m.
Gettler Stadium | Cincinnati, Ohio
For complete UC game notes, click here.
Taking a Break
- The University of Cincinnati men’s soccer team plays a pair of non-conference matches this week, as they host IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis) and Belmont.
- The showdown with the Jaguars marks the first game outside the American Athletic Conference since Oct. 2 (W, 1-0 at Cleveland State).
- The match is also the second of a four-match homestand that concludes the slate at Gettler Stadium for 2013. After the Jaguars visit, UC hosts Belmont (Oct. 19) and Louisville (Oct. 23).
- Following the senior night match with the rival Cardinals, UC will visit UConn (Oct. 26) and Temple (Nov. 2) to finish the regular season.
- The 2013 American Athletic Conference Tournament will begin on Nov. 8, with all nine league teams qualifying to play for the conference’s automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- Cincinnati and IUPUI are meeting for the fifth time, with UC having won three of the first four matches. The teams meet two years ago at Gettler Stadium, with the Bearcats winning, 4-2.
- The teams also met at Gettler Stadium in 2004, with the Jaguars winning their only match in the series, 2-1.
- IUPUI and UC played a home-and-home series in 1982 and ‘83, with UC winning, 6-0, in Indianapolis the first year before winning, 4-0, in Cincinnati the next season.