Oct. 18, 2013
Saturday, Oct. 19 | 4:00 p.m.
Gettler Stadium | Cincinnati, Ohio
For complete UC game notes, click here.
On A Break
- The University of Cincinnati men's soccer team plays its final non-conference match of the 2013 season on Saturday, Oct. 19, when Belmont visits Gettler Stadium.
- The Bearcats have posted a 4-4-1 mark in non-conference play this year. The match is the third of a four-match homestand that concludes the slate at Gettler Stadium for 2013.
- The stretch ends with a visit from No. 7/10 Louisville (Oct. 23).
- Following the senior night match with the rival Cardinals, UC will visit UConn (Oct. 26) and Temple (Nov. 2) to finish the regular season.
- The 2013 American Athletic Conference Tournament will begin on Nov. 8, with all nine league teams qualifying to play for the conference's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- Cincinnati and Belmont are meeting for the first time in men's soccer.
Dayes Marches On
- Head Coach Hylton Dayes picked up his 100th win as coach at Cincinnati on Sept. 13 at SIU Edwardsville. He now posts a record of 101-107-35, making him the program's second-winningest coach (Bob Muro, 114-111-13 in 12 seasons).
- He is now looking for his 200th career win, as Dayes carries a record of 199-192-54 in 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach, with a stop at Wright State prior to UC.