Oct. 22, 2013
Wednesday, Oct. 23 | 7:00 p.m.
Gettler Stadium | Cincinnati, Ohio
For complete UC game notes, click here.
- The University of Cincinnati men's soccer team concludes the home portion of its 2013 season on Wednesday, Oct. 23, when it plays host to No. 6/9 Louisville.
- Prior to the match, Head Coach Hylton Dayes and the team will honor its two departing seniors, Peter Jannelli (Springfield, Pa./Springfield) and Christian Myton (Vandalia, Ohio/Chaminade Julienne).
- The duo has combined to play in 54 matches entering the game with the Cardinals.
- Following the match with Louisville, the Bearcats have two road contests at UConn and Temple to conclude the season.
- The 2013 American Athletic Conference Tournament opens November 8.
- Cincinnati and Louisville are meeting for the 39th time in men's soccer, with the Bearcats holding a 21-15-2 advantage in the series.
- With the exception of 1981, the teams have played at least once annually since 1979. The Bearcats won the first meeting, 8-0, in `79 in Cincinnati.
- Louisville has won the last six matches, including a 1-0 win last year at Gettler Stadium. The Bearcats last defeated the Cardinals in 2006, a 2-0 decision at Gettler Stadium.
TopDrawer Goal of the Week
- The Bearcats have gotten national attention for their last second, game-winning goal against IUPUI last week.
- The goal, scored by sophomore Ben Keane (Mount Laurel, N.J./Bishop Eustace Prep), is in the running for TopDrawerSoccer.com's National Men's Collegiate Goal of the Week.
- The clip is also closing in on 5,000 views on YouTube.
- To vote for the goal, visit TopDrawerSoccer.com's 91st Minute