Oct. 25, 2013
Saturday, Oct. 26 | 7:00 p.m.
Morrone Stadium | Storrs, Conn.
For complete UC game notes, click here.
- The University of Cincinnati men’s soccer team takes a three-match winning streak on the road to eighth-ranked Connecticut on Saturday, Oct. 26.
- The Bearcats are embarking on a two-match road trip that will see them conclude the regular season at Temple on Saturday, Nov. 2. UC has won its last three matches, most recently a 2-0 upset of No. 6/9 Louisville in the home finale on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
- The winning streak, which is the longest in the American Athletic Conference, also includes a pair of 2-1 decisions over IUPUI and Belmont. On Saturday, the streak collides with the longest unbeaten streak in the league, as UConn has not lost in nine matches.
- Following the match at Temple, the American Athletic Conference Tournament will begin on Friday, Nov. 8.
- Cincinnati and UConn are meeting for just the fifth time, with the Bearcats holding a 2-1-1 advantage in the series.
- The teams met for the first time in 1999 in Storrs, with Cincinnati taking a 2-1 decision.
- They met again in 2005, Cincinnati’s first year in the BIG EAST Conference, with the Bearcats winning 2-1 at Gettler Stadium.
- As members of different divisions in the BIG EAST, the teams have only played two additional matches since. The Huskies took a 2-1 decision in Storrs in 2008, with the teams playing to a 1-1 draw at Gettler Stadium in 2010.