Nov. 7, 2013
Friday, November 7 | 2:00 p.m.
Cardinal Park | Louisville, Ky.
American Athletic Conference Tournament
For complete UC game notes, click here.
- The University of Cincinnati men’s soccer team opens the inaugural American Athletic Conference Tournament with a first round match against Rutgers. The Bearcats are the nine seed in the tournament, while Rutgers is the eighth seed.
- The winner will move on to face regular season champion Louisville on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 7:00 p.m.
- The semifinals and finals will be held Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Nov. 17, at Toyota Stadium in Dallas, Texas, home of Major League Soccer’s FC Dallas.
- In last year’s conference tournament, the Bearcats fell at Marquette in the first round, 3-0. UC last advanced in a postseason match in 2010, when the drew with UConn in the first round of the BIG EAST Tournament and advanced on penalty kicks. The Bearcats last win in a postseason game was in 2007, a 2-0 victory at Providence in the first round of the BIG EAST Tournament.
- Cincinnati and Rutgers have played 10 times, with RU holding a 6-3-1 advantage in the series. The Scarlet Knights took this season’s meeting, 1-0, in Piscataway. Rutgers won the lone neutral match in 2001, a 2-1 decision.
Cincinnati at Louisville would be meeting for the 40th time, with UC holding a 22-15-2 advantage in the series. The Cardinals leads the series, 10-9, in Louisville. UC’s 2-0 win over UL on Oct. 23 of this season was the only defeat in league play for the Cards and their only loss since September 14.