Jan. 7, 2014
Box Score |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
RUTGERS (12-2, 3-0) 78, CINCINNATI (7-8, 0-4) 58
JANUARY 7, 2014 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
Tuesday’s contest against Rutgers marked the 11th all-time meeting with the Scarlet Knights. Rutgers now leads the series with 10 wins.
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Dayeesha Hollins (g), Marley Hill (f), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- Rutgers used a 9-0 lead over the span of 2:17 to take a 17-8 lead with 12:04 to play in the first half.
- Rutgers opened the second half on a 12-0 run as more than five minutes ticked off the clock before UC was able to get on the scoreboard. A Kayla Cook three with 14:38 halted the UC draught.
- Overall Rutgers scored 20 unanswered points to close out the first half and open the second half, spanning more than eight minutes and 36 seconds.
- The Bearcats were 16-of-16 from the free throw line in the contest. The Bearcats are the seventh team this season to shoot 100 percent from the free throw line with a minimum of 15 attempts.
- Cincinnati bounced back from shooting 25.9 percent in the first half to shoot 38.7 percent in the second half.
- Cincinnati was out-scored 44-22 on points in the paint.
- Senior Dayeesha Hollins was honored prior to the game for becoming the 25th member of the 1,000 point club. Hollins achieved the feat during the first half against Akron. Hollins
- Jeanise Randolph led the team in scoring for the fourth time this season with 16 points. She was just two rebounds shy of her sixth double-double of the season.
- Randolph was 8-of-8 from the free throw line, marking career-best totals in both makes and attempts. She is the third player this season to be perfect from the free throw line with at least eight attempts (Hollins, 9-of-9 / Durley, 14-of-14)
- Kayla Cook added double-digit points for the fifth time this season.
- Lovett recorded double-digit points seventh time this season with 11 points.