Jan. 18, 2014
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
TEMPLE (10-7, 4-3) 58, CINCINNATI (8-9, 1-5) 47
JANUARY 18, 2014 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
Saturday’s contest marked the first-ever meeting between the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Temple Owls.
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Dayeesha Hollins (g), Chelsea Jamison (f), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- Cincinnati held Temple scoreless for 10:36 second span during the first half. The drought ended on a Shi-Heria Shipp free throw. Another 58 seconds ticked off before Temple scored a field goal.
- UC scored 12 unanswered points during the run to take a 16-4 lead with 4:47 to play in the half.
- Cincinnati limited Temple to just 13 first-half points, the second-fewest allowed this season, limiting only Xavier to fewer during a nine-point second half.
- Temple took control in the second half, outscoring UC 38-5 during a span of 12:05. The difference turned a 30-15 Cincinnati lead into a 53-35 Temple advantage. UC went more than six minutes without a basket to aide in the run.
- Cincinnati was out-scored 45-25 in the second half.
- The Owls recorded 25 points off turnovers. The Bearcats coughed it up 22 times in the game.
- Cincinnati tied a season-high in blocks as a team with seven. The total matches the number recorded against Louisville on Jan. 4, 2014.
- Cincinnati’s bench was out-scored 30-9.
- Dayeesha Hollins reached double digit points for the 10th time this season and the 83rd time in her career.
- Jeanise Randolph tied her career high rebounding total with 14. The leading defensive rebounder in conference game pulled down 12 on the defensive end.
- Randolph recorded three blocks in the contest, moving her to fifth all-time on UC’s career blocks list with 69. The senior forward moved past Anne Stephens (2003-06) on the list and needs just two more to tie Debbie Merrill (2002-04) for fourth place.
- Alyesha Lovett recorded double-digit points for the seventh time this season and the 14th time in her career.
- Alexis Durley recorded nine points in the contest, the most for her since also totaling nine against Charlotte.
- Alyesha Lovett set a new career-high total in blocks with four, passing her previous best of three at Xavier on Dec. 21, 2013.