Women's Basketball |
Jan. 22, 2013
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
DEPAUL 51 (15-5, 4-2 BIG EAST), CINCINNATI 45 (8-10, 0-5 BIG EAST)
JANUARY 22, 2013 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
UC Starters: Lesha Dunn (f), Kayla Cook (g), Alyeesha Lovett (g), Chelsea Jamison (f), Dayeesha Hollins (g)
DePaul now leads the all-time series 24-12. The Blue Demons now lead the series in Cincinnati at 9-8.
- DePaul is receiving votes in the latest ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Cincinnati limited DePaul to the fewest points in any half this season (19) during the first half.
- UC fired off more shots (38) in the first half of Tuesday’s contest with DePaul than they did during the entire game against Louisville (35).
- UC’s 15.8 percent shooting was the lowest for a half this season.
- Cincinnati out-scored DePaul 17-5 over an 8:53 span to take a 33-32 lead at the 7:38 mark. Hollins scored seven points during the run.
- DePaul closed out the game after going 6-for-6 from the free throw line down the stretch.
- Dayeesha Hollins reached double digits in scoring for the 15th time this season with 14 points.
- Jeanise Randolph recorded her first double-double of the season with 10 points and 13 rebounds. It marked the fifth of her career.
- Randolph tied a career high in rebounds with 13.
- Randolph reached double-digit points for the second time this season. The junior forward has accomplished the feat twice in three games since her return from injury.
- Lovett finished with eight points, the third straight game the sophomore guard has done so. She has totaled at least eight in five of the last six.