Jan. 25, 2014
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
CINCINNATI (9-10, 2-6) 47, UCF (8-11, 1-7) 37
JANUARY 25, 2014 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
Saturday's contest marked the first-ever meeting between the Cincinnati Bearcats and the UCF Knights.
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Bianca Quisenberry (g), Chelsea Jamison (f), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- The two squads combined to miss the first seven shots of the contest.
- Cincinnati used a 12-2 run over the span of two minutes and 37 seconds to take a 15-4 lead. Lovett hit a pair of back-to-back threes during the stretch.
- During an early stretch of the first half, Cincinnati went 7-of-8 from the floor. The Bearcats scored on five straight possessions.
- UC didn't make it to the free throw line in the first half for the second straight game.
- UCF scored the first four points of the second half to cut Cincinnati's lead to one point at 24-23.
- UC answered with a 6-0 spurt that lasted just over a minute including scores from Jamison and Quisenberry while Lovett drained UC's first two free throw attempts of the game.
- Cincinnati scored 21 points off 20 UCF turnovers.
- UC recorded 12 assists on 17 baskets.
- Alyesha Lovett reached double digits in points for the ninth time this season and the 15th time in her career with a game-high 12 points. Lovett drained three triples for the fourth time this season.
- Jeanise Randolph scored all seven of her points in the second half, going 3-of-6 from the floor.
- Bianca Quisenberry made her third start of the season adding nine points, marking the second straight game she has contributed at least that amount.
- Kayla Cook, Bianca Quisenberry and Chelsea Jamison each dished out a game-high three assists.
- Chelsea Jamison recorded season highs in both points with nine and rebounds with six.
- Alexis Durley added six points after going 4-of-5 from the free throw line.