Jan. 26, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
3/2CONNECTICUT 67 (18-1, 5-1 BIG EAST), CINCINNATI 31 (8-11, 0-6 BIG EAST)
JANUARY 26, 2013 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
UC Starters: Lesha Dunn (f), Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Chelsea Jamison (f), Dayeesha Hollins (g)
Connecticut now leads the all-time series with a perfect 8-0 mark against the Bearcats. The Huskies are 4-0 in games played in Cincinnati.
- UC scored the first four points of the game, taking a 4-0 lead at the 19:07 mark.
- Cincinnati was out-scored 41-5 the remainder of the second half, giving UConn a 41-9 lead at the break.
- The nine points mark the fewest scored by UC in a half since facing UConn on Jan. 24, 2009 when the tallied just seven in the first half.
- The 12.5 percent shooting effort in the first half was the lowest this season for the Bearcats.
- Connecticut limited Cincinnati to a season-low 31 points.
- Cincinnati limited UConn to a season-low four steals.
- Cincinnati’s defense held Connecticut to the third-fewest points this season (67).
- Cincinnati was out-rebounded by a 49-28 margin, the highest this season.
- Connecticut out-scored UC 32-4 in points in the paint.
- Alyesha Lovett led the team in scoring with nine points. The sophomore guard has netted at least eight points four straight games and seven of the last eight.
- In her last eight games played Lovett is averaging 8.6 points, 4.1 rebouns and 1.9 steals.
- Kayla Cook led the team in rebounding with four points.
- Four different players hit three pointers for the Bearcats for the first time since the third game of the season against Kent State.
- Nine different Bearcats grabbed a rebound.