Feb. 1, 2014
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
UCONN (23-0, 10-0) 86, CINCINNATI (9-12, 2-8) 29
JANUARY 25, 2014 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
Cincinnati remained winless in the overall series with the Huskies as UConn improved to 10-0 all-time against the Bearcats
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Bianca Quisenberry (g), Shelbi Chandler (f), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- UConn used a 22-0 run during the first half to turn a 17-9 lead into a 30-point advantage. The drought for Cincinnati ended when Jeanise Randolph hit a jumper with 1:09 left in the contest.
- UConn also put together a 13-2 run in the second half over the span of three minutes and 24 seconds. The run was capped by a Saniya Chong three.
- The 29 points for Cincinnati are a season-low. The mark is five fewer than the Huskies allowed to the Bearcats in the first meeting this season.
- The 11 field goals made for Cincinnati were also a season low. UC also had a season-low six assists.
- Cincinnati was outscored in the paint 32-14.
- Cincinnati had four blocks compared to nine for UConn.
- UConn had a 35-27 edge in rebounding.
- UConn shot 50 percent from three-point range (12-of-24).
- Cincinnati was lead in scoring by Jeanise Randolph, Alyesha Lovett and Jasmine Whitefield who each had eight points.
- Bianca Quisenberry added four points, marking the fourth-straight game she has scored at least that many.
- Alyesha Lovett recorded two blocks. It marks the third time this season she has had at least two blocks.
- Alyesha Lovett also led the team in steals with two.
- Quisenberry went 2-of-2 from the free throw line for UC.