Feb. 13, 2013
Box Score |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
CINCINNATI 54 (9-15, 1-10 BIG EAST), MARQUETTE 52 (12-12, 4-7)
FEBRUARY 13, 2013 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
- Marquette now leads the all-time series by a 22-14 edge. Head Coach Jamelle Elliott is 4-2 against the Golden Eagles in her tenure. The Bearcats have now won four of the last five meetings
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Tiffany Turner (f), Alyesha Lovett (g), Dayeesha Hollins (g), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- Cincinnati made the first run of the game, using a 12-0 scoring advantage over a span of 5:40 to take a 15-6 lead.
- Marquette immediately responded with a 13-2 run that lasted 3:12 and flipped the score to a one-point lead (19-18) for the Golden Eagles.
- With nine steals in the first half, UC has now recorded at least seven steals in the first 20 minutes for the third straight game.
- The scoring halted down the stretch as neither team recorded a field goal during a 7:08 stretch. Turner’s field goal in the final second was the first score since a UC bucket at 7:09.
- The Bearcats trailed by four, 52-48 with 2:29 left and outscored Marquette 6-0 down the stretch
- The win over Marquette was UC’s first in games decided by five points or less this season. Entering Wednesday night, UC was 0-4 in those contests.
- Limiting the Golden Eagles to just 54 points, UC had now limited a foe to 54 points or less 11 times this season.
- The game featured 12 ties and nine lead changes.
- Dayeesha Hollins led Cincinnati with 19 points. The junior guard has reached double digits 19 times this season and 68 times in her career.
- Hollins has totaled 39 points over the last two games after scoring 20 Saturday night at Rutgers.
- Chelsea Jamison set a new career-best in steals with three. Alexis Durley and Kayla Cook, also with three, each tied their career-high totals.
- Lovett led all players in rebounds with seven.