March 1, 2014
Box Score |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
#3 LOUISVILLE (28-2, 16-1) 75, CINCINNATI (12-16, 5-12) 51
MARCH 1, 2014 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
With the win, Louisville now leads the all-time series 41-27. The Bearcats have now dropped six straight to the Cardinals and eleven of the last twelve.
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Jasmine Whitfield (g), Chelsea Jamison (f), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- UC was in an early nine-point hole after starting out 2-of-10 from the field.
- Down 14-5 with 13:13 left, UC went on a 16-5 run over 3:24 to take a two-point lead, 21-19, with 9:49 to go. From there, UofL closed the half on an 18-8 run to lead 37-29 at the break.
- The Bearcats knocked down a layup and jumper in the first two minutes of the half, pulling the deficit down to six at 39-33 with 18:39 to go
- Over the next 6:32, the Cardinals went on a 17-7 run that moved the lead to double-digits for the first time, going up 56-40 with 11:45 left. During the run, UC missed four shots and turned the ball over four times.
- Jeanise Randolph finished one point shy of tying her career-high scoring effort with 22 points. She also added 11 rebounds to account for her 10th double-double of the season. She is the first UC player to record 10 or more double-doubles in a season since Jill Stephens accomplished the feat in 2007-08.
- Kayla Cook moved into a tie for fifth place on the all-time three-pointers made with 146 career triples and into fifth place on the career minutes played chart with 3,718 minutes.