Nov. 13, 2013
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
FLORIDA STATE 63 (2-0), CINCINNATI 58 (0-2)
NOVEMBER 13, 2013 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
Florida State now leads the all-time series 14-8, holding a 5-3 record in games played in Cincinnati. Wednesday’s contest marked the first meeting between the schools since the 1991 season when both were members of the Metro Conference.
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Chelsea Jamison (g), Dayeesha Hollins (g), Shelbi Chandler (f). It was the second career start for sophomore Shelbi Chandler.
- After one score from Florida State, the Bearcats went on a 9-0 run to take its largest lead of the half with 11:27 left in the half.
- Florida State then used a 15-2 run over the final 5:03 of the half to take a 28-21 lead heading into the second half.
- UC has totaled 27 and 33 bench point s during their first two contests of the season. Each total surpass the total from any game last season. Jeanise Randolph led the bench scoring effort with 15 points.
- Jeanise Randolph recorded her fifth career double-double during the loss, recording 15 points and 10 rebounds. It marks her first double-digit scoring performance of the season and 15th of her career. It was her seventh double-digit rebound game of her career.
- Dayeesha Hollins reached double digits in scoring for the second time this season and the 75th time in her career. The senior totaled 12 points on 4-of-17 shooting.
- Kayla Cook totaled nine points in the game, matching her total from the season opener against NKU. Last season Cook totaled more than nine points just five times.
- Jeanise Randolph recorded one block in the contest, giving her 52 for her career. She ranks ninth all-time at UC and trails Asa Odeus and Joy Roberts by two on the list.
- Alexis Durley recorded a career high in assists with seven. Her previous best was four, achieving the mark four different times during her freshman season.