Nov. 21, 2013
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
22/16 IOWA STATE 78 (3-0), CINCINNATI 42 (1-3)
NOVEMBER 21, 2013 // FIFTH THIRD ARENA // CINCINNATI, OHIO
Thursdays contest between the Cincinnati and Iowa State was the first-ever meeting, with Iowa State now leading the overall series 1-0. It was actually the second time Iowa State had played inside Fifth Third Arena however, as the Cyclones played in the then-Shoemaker Center during the NCAA tournament in 1999, defeating UConn 64-58 to advance to its first Elite Eight. UC Head Coach Jamelle Elliott was an assistant coach for UConn that season.
- UC Starters: Kayla Cook (g), Alyesha Lovett (g), Alexis Durley (g), Dayeesha Hollins (g), Jeanise Randolph (f).
- Iowa State used runs of 15-0 and 9-0 during the second half to eventually extend the lead to the largest of the game, 78-42, with 24 seconds remaining.
- The Bearcats were held to their lowest shooting percentage of the season at 29.6.
- Cincinnati went 6-of-10 from the free throw line, making them 32 of their last 42 from the charity stripe. UC went 26-of-32 against Kent State.
- The Bearcats were stifled by an 18.5 percent shooting percentage during the second half, making just five buckets. It was the lowest of the season for UC.
- Alexis Durley went 2-of-2 from the free throw line, making it 18 straight makes from the charity stripe. She made her last two makes against Florida State, 14 straight against Kent State and then both of her shots against Iowa State.
- Alexis Durley also set a career-high in three-pointers made with two.
- Dayeesha Hollins reached double digits in scoring for the third time this season and the 76th time of her career with 12 points.
- Jeanise Randolph finished with a game-high seven rebounds, also adding eight points.
- Tiffany Turner recorded the 62nd block of her career. She currently ranks sixth on UC’s all-time list and is six shy of catching Anne Stephens for fifth on the list.