Women's Lacrosse |
March 29, 2013
Final Stats |
Cincinnati-Detroit Women’s Lacrosse Postgame Notes
Cincinnati (5-4, 0-2 BIG EAST), Detroit (1-10, 0-0 Atlantic Sun)
March 29, 2013 // Sheakley Athletics Center // Cincinnati, OH
The Cincinnati women’s lacrosse team last met the Detroit Titans on April 30, 2012, where the Titans defeated the Bearcats 14-11. Cincinnati leads the all-time series against Detroit 3-1. The Bearcats are 1-0 at home and also 1-0 in neutral site games, while the series is tied 1-1 in games played at Detroit.
UC starters: Courtney Curtis (MF), Katie Kiriazoglou (A), Kylie Ramsland (MF), Ally Van Sloun (D), Sarah Del Bene (MF), Jillian Magnotta (D), Megan Bell (MF), Ashley Helmrath (MF), Meg Gulmi (GK), Kelsey Conway (MF), Maddie Fink (A), Taylor Young (MF).
Detroit starters: Morgan Miller (D), Ally Shrader (D), Amanda Guthrie (D), Lindsey Saunders (A), Michaela Schwartz (A), Britany Busch (MF), Tessa Keuler (A), Kylie Birney (MF), Ellery Alexander (D), Zaynib Hamze (MF), Erin Campbell (A), Lexie McCormick (GK).
- The Bearcats ended the first half on a 6-0 scoring run, leading 7-1 at the break.
- Cincinnati went on a 7-0 scoring run from 19:47 in the first to 23:18 in the second.
- Nine different Bearcats scored goals, while four different Bearcats scored multiple goals in the win.
- UC improves to 4-0 at home, continuing their best home start in program history.
- The Bearcats as a team made .516 percent of their shots, scoring on 16-of-31 shots.
- Detroit became the latest victim of the Bearcats stellar defense as Cincinnati surrendered only six goals on a total of 16 shot attempts to the Titans.
- The Bearcats scored in double-digits for the fifth time of the season, scoring 16 goals, which is their second most scored all season and ties for seventh-best in program history.
- UC forced 12 turnovers, which ties for ninth-best in program history for turnovers caused in a single game
- The Bearcats record their fifth win of the season, tying the 2010 team’s total win mark.
- Cincinnati snaps its two game losing streak and rebounds from last game’s tough loss to Loyola Maryland.