Feb. 20, 2014
AT STETSON: Live Stats | Live Video (Subscription)
AT FLORIDA: Gametracker | Live Video (Subscription)
Five Things You Need To Know
- The University of Cincinnati lacrosse team (0-1) continues its season-opening six-game road trip with a Sunshine State swing for games at Stetson (0-3) and No. 7/5 Florida (2-1). The Bearcats face the Hatters on Friday, Feb. 21, at 5:00 p.m., while they visit the Gators on Sunday, Feb. 23, at 11:30 a.m.
- Head coach Gina Oliver and the Bearcats suffered a defeat at then-No. 11/11 Notre Dame in the season opener on Wednesday, Feb. 12. Junior captain Megan Bell (Parkton, Md./Hereford) netted a goal for UC, while Meg Gulmi (Syosset, N.Y./Syosset) and Jennifer Walsh (Great Falls, Va./Langely) combined to make six saves.
- Stetson hosts UC with an 0-3 mark and losses to No. 3 Syracuse, Oregon and Colorado. MaryKate O'Sullivan is the leading scorer for the Hatters with two goals and an assist. Jill Chiachetti leads the way with seven caused turnovers, while Caili Guilday has started all three games in the cage with a 19.47 goals against average and .418 save percentage.
- The Gators are 2-1 and ranked seventh in the IWLCA coaches poll and fifth in the Brine media poll. UF lost its season opener at North Carolina, 20-8, before rebounding with wins over Jacksonville and High Point. Florida hosts James Madison on Thursday, Feb. 20, before the Bearcats visit. Entering the JMU game, Shannon Gilroy is the leading scorer with 19 goals and an assist. Goalie Cara Canington has played the majority of minutes in the cage with a 9.57 GAA and .541 save percentage.
- Following the trip through Florida, the Bearcats will visit Niagara on Saturday, March. 1. The showdown with the Purple Eagles is set for 3:00 p.m. The six-game road trip concludes with a South Carolina swing that sees UC visit Winthrop (Friday, March 7) and Presbyterian (Sunday, March 9) before the home opener versus Coastal Carolina on Friday, March 14.