March 6, 2014
at Winthrop: Live Video (Free) | Live Stats
at Presbyterian: Live Stats
Cincinnati Game Notes
Five Things You Need To Know
- The University of Cincinnati lacrosse team caps its season-opening, six-game road trip with a pair of games in the Palmetto State. The Bearcats play at Winthrop on Friday, March 7 (6:00 p.m.), before visiting Presbyterian on Sunday, March 9 (1:00 p.m.).
- The Bearcats (1-3) are led by juniors Megan Bell (Parkton, Md./Hereford) and Ashley Helmrath (Ellicott City, Md./Maryvale Prep), who have each registered 12 points on the season. Bell, who has already collected a BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week award, has nine goals and three assists, as well as a team-high 20 draw controls. Helmrath has posted seven goals and five assists.
- Winthrop (2-2) is coming off a 19-10 victory over St. Francis on Wednesday night. The Eagles are led by Jenna Kasmarik, who has found the back of the cage 15 times on the season. Shannon Gallagher has added nine goals and three assists. Camille King has been starting in the cage for the Eagles, posting a 12.15 goals against average and a .390 save percentage.
- Presbyterian is 2-0 with victories over Newberry and Delaware State. The Blue Hose face St. Francis on Friday before hosting the Bearcats. Cathrine Ellis is Presbyterian's leading scorer at 16 points (12 goals, four assists), followed by Maddie Seiloff with 15 points (nine goals, six assists) and Brianne Ward with 11 points (five goals, six assists).
- The South Carolina swing concludes a program record six consecutive road games for head coach Gina Oliver's squad. The Bearcats open the home portion of the 2014 slate on Friday, March 14, when Coastal Carolina visits for a 1:00 p.m. showdown. That contest is followed by a visit from Iona on Sunday, March 16, at Noon.