Lacrosse Travels to Baltimore To Play For A Good Cause
gobearcats.COM
gobearcats.COM

gobearcats.COM

Oct. 27, 2011

CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati lacrosse team honed in on their stick skills while giving back to two good causes over the weekend when they traveled to Baltimore, Md. During its two-day trip, UC participated in Johns Hopkins’ inaugural “Stick it to Sarcoma” Fall Play Day and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

“It was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up to play against a pair of prominent lacrosse programs while also being able to give back to a good cause,” Swords said. “We were honored to be involved.”

The Bearcats joined the Blue Jays and Salisbury in the special event at Homewood Field on Saturday, Oct. 22. The event was organized for JHU senior Rachel Ballatori, whose father is battling angiosarcoma. To raise money for the disease, fans received a Sarcoma wrist band for every donation and were entered into a raffle where proceeds went directly to the Hopkins Sarcoma Program.

Following an afternoon of fall ball, Swords and her Bearcats remained in the Baltimore area to take part in another important fundraising event – the 19th Annual Komen Maryland Race for the Cure in Hunt Valley on Sunday, Oct. 23. Of the money raised at the event each year, up to 75 percent stays in Maryland to fund local programs for women and families, while the remaining 25 percent supports national research to find the cures for breast cancer.