Women's Tennis |
Jan. 22, 2006
HAMILTON, Ohio - A University of Cincinnati tennis team that fielded only four players after bouts of illness and injury fell to Miami (Ohio), 6-1, on Sunday afternoon at Riverside Racquet Club.
The RedHawks swept to the doubles point behind victories at first and second doubles and a default victory at third doubles. Leda Pesatova and Kelly Douple picked up an 8-4 win over Cincinnati's Lindsay Willeford and Jenny Rowen, while the duo of Elizabeth Young and Madison Reasoner fell, 8-1, at second doubles.
In singles action, Miami earned victories in three of the top four spots to go with default victories at fifth and sixth singles. Young, playing in the No. 2 spot, earned the first dual win of her career in three sets over Kelly Douple.
MIAMI (OHIO) 6, CINCINNATI 1
Jan. 22, 2006
Riverside Racquet Club
1. Leda Pesatova (MIA) def. Lindsay Willeford (CIN), 6-2, 6-2
2. Elizabeth Young (CIN) Kelly Douple (MIA) 7-6, 6-2, 10-5
3. Victoria Pulido (MIA) def. Jenny Rowen (CIN), 6-1, 7-6, 7-1
4. Remy Swain (MIA) def. Madison Reasoner (CIN), 6-0, 6-0
5. Maura Trauernicht (MIA) won by default
6. Christy Scardina (MIA) won by default
1. Pesatova/Douple (MIA) def. Willeford/Rowen (CIN) 8-4
2. Swain/Pulido (MIA) def. Young/Reasoner 8-1
3. Katrina Lomidze/Trauernicht (MIA) won by default