Women's Tennis |
Jan. 23, 2011
West Lafayette, Ind. - The University of Cincinnati women's tennis team lost at No. 50 Purdue University, 6-1, on Saturday, Jan. 22, at the Schwartz Tennis Center. The match was the season opener for both teams.
Purdue won the doubles point with 8-3, 8-0, and 8-1 wins. The No. 1 doubles team of Ksenia Slynko and Jasmine Lee won three of the four games the Bearcats won in doubles action.
In singles action, UC's No. 2 singles player, Jasmine Lee, won the Bearcats’ point by defeating Mara Schmidt in two out of three sets.
The Bearcats return to the court tomorrow, Jan. 23, when they travel to Columbus to take on the No. 33 Buckeyes at 11 a.m. inside the OSU Varsity Tennis Center.
Cincinnati Women's Tennis
Cincinnati vs. Purdue
Jan. 22 at West Lafayette, Ind. (Schwartz Tennis Center)
#50 Purdue 6, Cincinnati 1
1. Jennifer Rabot, Purdue def. Ksenia Slynko, Cincinnati 6-2, 6-3
2. Jasmine Lee, Cincinnati def. Mara Schmidt, Purdue 5-7, 6-1, 1-0
3. Bhavani Tirumurti, Purdue def. Ashleigh Witte, Cincinnati 6-4, 6-2
4. Anna Duskina, Purdue def. Caitlin O'Gara, Cincinnati 6-2, 6-1
5. Gisella Pere, Purdue def. Safiyya Ismail, Cincinnati 6-1, 6-3
6. Imogen Golder, Purdue def. Elise Woulfe, Cincinnati 6-4, 6-1
1. #13 Jennifer Rabot/Mara Schmidt, Purdue def. Ksenia Slynko/Jasmine Lee, Cincinnati 8-3
2. Gisella Pere/Anna Duskina, Purdue def. Caitlin O'Gara/Lindsey Lonergan, Cincinnati 8-0
3. #68 Imogen Golder/Bhavani Tirumurti, Purdue def. Safiyya Ismail/Ashleigh Witte, Cincinnati 8-1
Purdue University 1-0; National ranking #50
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (3,5,4,6,1,6)