Women's Tennis |
Feb. 18, 2009
CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati women’s tennis team picked up its second straight win Wednesday, Feb. 18, knocking off Ball State University, 7-0, in a non-conference match-up at the Western Tennis and Fitness Club.
The Bearcats took the doubles point from the Cardinals winning the first two flights. The team of senior Valeriya Dandik and freshman Ksenia Slynko picked up the win in the No. 1 spot with an 8-5 decision, while seniors Jennifer Rowen and Elizabeth Young paired up for an 8-2 win the No. 2 spot.
UC cruised through the singles matches winning all six in straight sets. Slynko, Dandik, and freshman Safiyya Ismail each earned their second straight win in singles action.
The win evens Cincinnati’s record at 4-4 on the season, heading into this weekend’s non-conference match-ups vs. St. Bonaventure and Youngstown State in Youngstown, Ohio. The Bearcats will face St. Bonaventure on Friday at 3 p.m. and then Youngstown State on Saturday at 7 p.m.
UC 7, Ball State 0
1. Dandik/Slynko (UC) defeat Boulieris/Thomson 8-5
2. Rowen/Young (UC) defeat Hebble/Johnson 8-2
3. Wise/ Ismail (UC) lose to Oman/Surowiec 8-6
1. Ksenia Slynko (UC) defeats Hebble 7-5, 7-5
2. Jennifer Rowen (UC) defeats Boulieris 7-6 (2), 7-6 (4)
3. Valeriya Dandik (UC) defeats Thomson 7-6 (0), 6-1
4. Jessica Wise (UC) defeats Johnson 7-5, 7-5
5. Safiyya Ismail (UC) defeats Surowiec 6-0, 6-0
6. Elizabeth Young (UC) defeats Crasto 6-0, 6-2