Women's Tennis |
March 1, 2006
CINCINNATI -- Jill Klauck won her team-leading eighth match of the season, but the Cincinnati tennis team fell to visiting Ball State, 6-1, on Wednesday night at the Queen City Racquet Club.
The Cardinals (6-4) took the doubles point after a trio of hard-fought matches. UC's Hannah Hinton and Elizabeth Young won at No. 3, beating Rachel Lemar and Jennifer Pollock in a tie-breaker. BSU won at No. 2, 8-4, and edged Jenny Rowen and Lindsay Willeford, 8-6, at No. 1.
In singles, a number of matches were close, but UC (0-11) managed only Klauck's win at No. 4 She defeated Haly Calderwood, 6-3, 6-3. At the top spot, Young lost a first-set tie-breaker to Jessica Thompson before dropping the second set, 6-1. Similarly, Willeford at No. 2 and Carling Arundel at No. 5 dropped opening sets by 7-5 scores before falling.
The Bearcats next head to New York for three matches this weekend, taking on Syracuse and Rutgers at Syracuse and then playing at Cornell.
Ball State 6, Cincinnati 1
March 1, 2006 - Queen City Racquet Club
1. Jessica Thompson (BSU) d. Elizabeth Young (CIN) 7-6(4), 6-1
2. Stephanie Farrar (BSU) d. Lindsay Willeford (CIN) 7-5, 6-3
3. Jennifer Pollock (BSU) d. Jenny Rowen (CIN) 6-1, 6-2
4. Jill Klauck (CIN) d. Haly Calderwood (BSU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Katie Owens (BSU) d. Carling Arundel (CIN) 7-5, def.
6. Emma Retter (BSU) d. Madison Reasoner (CIN) 6-3, 6-4
1. Calderwood/Thompson (BSU) d. Rowen/Willeford (CIN) 8-6
2. Farrar/Owens (BSU) d. Arundel/Reasoner (CIN) 8-4
3. Hannah Hinton/Young (CIN) d. Rachel Lemar/Pollock (BSU) 9-8 (4)