Women's Tennis |
March 16, 2008
Bearcats Tennis Loses Close Match vs. Seton Hall
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - The University of Cincinnati's tennis team, playing in its first match in two weeks due to the winter storm last week, lost a close hard-fought match vs. Seton Hall, 4-3, on the campus of West Virginia University.
The Bearcats came out strong in doubles play taking the No. 1 and No. 3 contest. The team of Alizee Paradis and Jenny Rowen took the No. 1 flight, 8-3, while Jennifer Keiner and Abigail Mayo teamed up for an 8-2 victory in the No. 3 spot.
UC kept the match close throughout singles play as Valeryia Dandik and Rowen took the No. 4 and No. 5 singles matches. Keiner, playing No. 2 singles took the first set of her match, but lost in three. Seton Hall took four of the six singles matches to escape with the win.
The Bearcats return to action on tomorrow, Sunday, March 16 vs. host West Virginia.
1. Denise Liebschner (SHU) def. Alizee Paradis (UC), 6-4, 6-4
2. Nadezhda Shein (SHU) def. Jennifer Keiner (UC), 6-7 (4), 6-0, 6-2
3. Danielle Viola (SHU) def. Jenny Rowen (UC), 2-6, 6-3, 6-2.
4. Valeryia Dandik (UC) def. Amanda El-Tobgy (SHU), 6-4, 6-3
5. Jenny Rowen (UC) def. Belfin Sunbul (SHU), 7-6 (4), 6-2, 3-6, 10-8
6. Slavina Kaplanska (SHU) def. Abigail Mayo, 6-3, 6-1
1. Paradis/Rowen (UC) def. Liebschner/Shein (SHU) 8-3
2. Elizabeth Young/Dandik (UC) def. Amanda El-Tobgy/Belfin Sunbul (SHU), 8-4
3. Keiner/Mayo (UC) def. Viola/Liza Chu (SHU), 8-2
Final Score: Seton Hall 4, Cincinnati 3
Cincinnati 4-10, 1-6 BIG EAST