UC Tennis Wins Third Straight with 7-0 Win at Providence|
March 27, 2009
PROVIDENCE - The University of Cincinnati women's tennis team improved its season record to 11-7 overall and 4-1 in BIG EAST play after sweeping Providence College, 7-0, on Thursday (March 26).
The Bearcats earned the first point of the match winning the three doubles contests 8-2, 8-3, and 8-0.
The win extends Cincinnati's winning streak to three matches overall and four in a row in BIG EAST play. The Bearcats close out their four-match Spring Break trip Saturday, March 28 at Connecticut. The match is slated to begin at 11 a.m.
1. Ksenia Slynko (UC) defeats Sinha (PC) 6-0, ret
2. Jennifer Rowen (UC) defeats Rissolo (PC) 6-4, 6-1
3. Valeriya Dandik (UC) defeats Gilroy (PC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Safiyya Ismail (UC) defeats Albert (PC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jessica Wise (UC) defeats Cusack (PC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Elizabeth Young (UC) defeats Gillis (PC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Slynko/Dandik (UC) defeat (PC) Sinha/Gilroy 8-2
2. Rowen/Young (UC) defeat (PC) Rissolo/Albert 8-3
3. Wise/Ismail (UC) defeat (PC) McDevitt/Cusack 8-0