Women's Tennis |
April 12, 2009
CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati women’s tennis team finished the regular season on Saturday (April 11) dropping its finale, 7-0, to No. 39 DePaul at the Trabert-Talbert Tennis Center on the campus of UC. The loss snapped the Bearcats seven-game winning streak that started March 14 with a 7-0 victory over Dayton.
In doubles action vs. the Blue Demons, the duo of seniors Elizabeth Young / Jennifer Rowen fought hard in the No. 2 flight but lost 8-7 (7-4). Fellow senior Valeriya Dandik also battled in her No. 3 singles match before losing 7-6 (5), 7-5.
The Bearcats, who find out their seeding to the BIG EAST Conference Championship Monday, won seven of their last eight to complete the regular season and are now 15-7 overall and 6-2 in the conference. Cincinnati will travel to Tampa, Fla., April 17-19 for the BIG EAST Championships. For more information on the tournament go to www.BIGEAST.org.
1. Danja Antunovic (DEP) def Ksenia Slynko (UC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Anna Redecsi (DEP) def Jenny Rowen (UC) 6-2, 6-3
3. Sandra Zmak (DEP) def Valeriya Dandik (UC) 7-6 (5), 7-5
4. Gia McNight (DEP) def Safiyya Ismail (UC) 6-1, 6-3
5. Katarina milinkovic (DEP) def Jessica Wise (UC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Kirsten Gambrell (DEP) def Elizabeth Young (UC) 2-6, 6-1, 6-1
1. Redescsi/Salkovic (DEP) def Dandik/Slynko (UC) 8-1
2. Antunovic/Gambrell (DEP) def Young/Rowen (UC) 8-7 (7-4)
3. McNight/Milinkovic (DEP) def Wise/Ismail (UC) 8-4