Women's Volleyball |
Oct. 17, 2013
UC vs. Louisville | Oct. 18 | 7 p.m.
Cincinnati, Ohio | Fifth Third Arena
CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati volleyball team will host the University of Louisville at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18 in Fifth Third Arena. The match will be part of the annual Dig Pink campaign to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research.
The team will be wearing pink jerseys for the Louisville and Xavier (Oct. 22) matches which will be auctioned off through a silent auction. The bidding will begin on Friday evening at the match and will continue through the match on Tuesday, Oct. 22 vs. Xavier.
The Bearcats also will be using pink balls for the two matches and playing on a court lined with pink lines. Fans in attendance may receive pink giveaway items, including hairbrushes, hats and backpacks.
All fans are encouraged to wear pink to support the cause. Anyone interested in donating to Cincinnati Volleyball Dig Pink campaign can do so online at: https://www.side-out.org/cb/campaigns/campaign/6997.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Three Bearcats recorded double-doubles in the loss to USF on Oct. 13. Sophomore Morgan Allred tallied 18 kills and 13 digs, freshman Kristin Conor had 52 assists and 19 digs and freshman Samantha Schrenker totaled 10 kills and 13 digs in the match. It was the second double-double of the season for Conor and the first-career double-double for both Allred and Schrenker.
- Six UC players recorded career-high numbers in the match vs. USF. Conor tied a career high with 52 assists and collected a career-best 19 digs. Allred had a career-high 18 kills and Schrenker had career-bests of 10 kills and 13 digs. Junior Me’Ashah Nicholson had a career-best 19 kills while freshman Ciara Hill also tallied a career-high in kills with 18. Freshman Shelby Green also got in on the career-high action with four service aces.
- The University of Cincinnati and the University of Louisville have a very storied history. The two teams have played eachother 53 times, including three games in 2012. The Cardinals hold a 36-17 advantage and have won the past seven matches in the series.
- In their last meeting, Louisville beat Cincinnati 3-0 in the semifinals of the BIG EAST Championship in Milwaukee, Wis., on Nov. 17, 2012.
- This will be the first meeting since 2011 when the Louisville Cardinals have not been ranked in the AVCA top-25 poll. UofL began the year ranked No. 19 in the preseason poll and moved up to No. 17 after the first week of the season, but suffered five-straight losses to fall out of the rankings.