- Emerged from the support role he played as a sophomore and junior to a major leader as a senior on UC's 1961 NCAA Championship team.
- Team co-captain and Most Valuable Player in 1961.
- A 6.8-point scorer his first two seasons who exploded to lead the offense of the 1961 Bearcats with his 17.1 average.
- Elected to the NCAA Midwest Regional All-Tournament team, tying for regional MVP honors, in 1961.
- Named to the NCAA Finals All-Tournament team.
- First team All-Missouri Valley Conference selection as a senior.
- Earned first team All-American honors in 1961 (Helms Foundation, Converse) and was an honorable mention pick (AP, UPI).
- Taken in the second round of the 1961 NBA draft by the Cincinnati Royals.
- UC Athletics Hall of Fame 1987.