- One of the nation's most prolific passers of the 1960s.
- Led the nation in completions (219), passing yards (3,272), total offense (3,210) and touchdowns (25) in 1968.
- Closed his career as UC's career record-holder for completions (332), attempts (655), passing yards (4,906), and TD passes (34).
- Set an NCAA record for passing yards in a game with 554 vs. Ohio in 1968.
- Second team All-American in 1968 (Central Press), also earning honorable mention All-American recognition (AP, UPI, NEA).
- MVP of the College All-Star Game.
- Played in the Blue-Gray, American Bowl and Senior Bowl all-star games.
- Taken with the No. 5 pick by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 1969 draft.
- Led the American Football Conference in passing and earned Rookie of the Year honors in 1969.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1986.
- UC Football Ring of Honor.